Saturday, March 14, 2009

I finished the Lace Shawl I was working on and it is beautiful. I’m very proud of myself. I wore it yesterday and got several wonderful comments. I felt like a knitting Master!
I started on a baby blanket for a family member. It’s a mitered square pattern with five different colors. I’m knitting it with I Love this Cotton from Hobby Lobby. This is my first time using this yarn and so far so good. I love the way it feels, it’s soft and the colors are sweet and pretty, making it prefect for a baby blanket.

I’m starting a knitting group at work. I’ve placed the order for needles and yarn from Knit Picks and as soon as they arrive we will begin the lessons. So far I have 5 women ready to start knitting. I believe they are very excited, especially after they viewed some of my creations.
I’ve found some new applications for my iPhone. iKnit Ndlszr is a wonderful program that makes it easy to size your needles. Having it on my phone has come in handy. It has saved time from having to look for my sizer hidden someplace in my knitting closet. YarnPirateer is also a new program I found. I’m still playing around with it. I haven’t found the time to enter all my yarn in the program yet. But once that gets going I think it will be a cool tool to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment