Sunday, February 15, 2009

Finishing Up UFO’s

Last time I Blogged about my UFO’s. This week I sat down and worked and worked till finished most, tossed some and frogged others. After all that I took a deep breath and casted on a few new projects. LOL the classic signs of an ADD knitter. I finished the baby hat (it turned out to fit an adult) Leaf Shawl (after blocking I still didn't like it) The Heart and Sole socks

I tossed the blue socks, and frogged Becca’s sweater. (She tried it on and the size and style didn’t fit.) I bought the needed yarn to finish the scarf for Thom’s co-worker, now I just have to sit down and finish the last few inches. I knitted a few more repeats on the afghan, but I have given myself three years to finish that enormous project.


I cast on a new scarf. I don’t know what makes me think I can knit lace. I keep trying and trying and end up frogging and tinking after a few rows. I just don’t get how I can count and be right then be off again. I know it has something to do with the yarn overs and ssk’s but for the life of me I can’t figure out where or how I’m going wrong. But I’m not giving up!!

I want to make Thom a cabled vest. I found a cut little pattern for a 2 year old and made it. It turned out okay. I don’t like the neck area, but that can change. Now that I’ve made a vest I think I can try and make a grown up size.

I’ve got the supplies ready to cast on another pair of socks, but I haven’t been able to put down the very frustrating scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment