Friday, January 23, 2009

Magic Loop – Toe Up – Two at a Time

After listening to Knit Pick’s Podcasts I was talked into trying Magic Loop for the first time this week. I learned how to make socks from the Internet using DPNs. So why not try and learn Magic Loop the same way... Thank goodness for the website http://www.cometosilver.com/socks this website walks you through the steps with wonderful picks and gentle reminds to help you along the way.
Monday night I cast on and played around with this method. I was feeling pretty good about my progress until I went to try them on and realized I had got a little carried away with the increases. I ended up added a few row of K2 P2 ribbing and making them into baby hats. But my second attempt turned out wonderfully.
I was almost done on Thursday when I was invited to a girls night out with the ladies from the office. I threw my needles and yarn into my purse and off I went. While we talked and ate dinner I knitted way. By the time the night was over I was almost out of yarn. When I got home I finished off the ribbing and cast off. I’ve never knitted a pair of socks so fast in my life. It was awesome and I am sold. I went online and order more needles, sock yarn and books from Knit Picks’ and I am anxiously waiting for more order to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment