Monday, January 26, 2009

Snow Day

Can you say SNOW DAY!! Well it was actually an Ice Day. But all the same, Thom and I both were sent home at lunch time. K1’s teacher called and said he was sick so I picked him up as well. When I got home I lit a fire in the fireplace, brewed a pot of coffee and sat down with my knitting. Ahh let it rain ice...

This last weekend was a very good knitting weekend. I woke up at 3:00am Friday morning and knew I wasn’t going back to sleep so I cleaned the house. Yup – I cleaned the bathroom at 3am. But by the time the boys woke up to get ready for school and work the house was clean and I could sit back and knit. Knit I did.

I finished the scarf for my friend at work. Then I knitted a doggie sweater for Zoey. My friends Becca and Linda came over to visit. I showed Becca the magic loop method and because I love her I let her take my only size 2 Addi Turbos home. (I did make her promise to get her own and give them back to me.) Thank goodness I have a pair of Knit Picks needles on the way.

Then after I finished the sweater for Zoey I made an Iphone pouch and started on a hounds tooth black and white scarf.

TodayI went straight back to the scarf. Wow I’m having a good knitting week and it’s only Monday. The news shows the school is closed tomorrow. But K1 may still be sick. I don’t know if I’m going to go to work or not. We will see. Thom is already planning on staying home tomorrow because of the predicted freezing rain all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment